Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Modelmania Sounds like Fun

If you were attracted by the title, no not those sort of models that wouldn't go down well with the PTA. But stick around because I think you will be amazed at some of the models they had on show.

A quick update on my weekend. For a few years now the local school in our village has been hosting a great model show full of superb models and demonstrations. People can exchange ideas there & several dealers selling equipment for building  models attend if you want to try your hand at it.

I took my son and my camera,we were able to park in the school area so that it wasn't too far for me to walk.But the day was very hot and this lead to it being a bit of a trial for me, walking around as I became breathless on several occasions. Despite this I was able to see most of what was on offer and talked with several of the people exhibiting their models there was a vast amounts of models including scratch built and kit built stuff I was inspired and in awe of some of the models.
One place I had to avoid was the area were the model steam traction engines were due to the smoke but I was able to get a couple of pictures anyway.My son and I really enjoyed it and I have included a few pictures to let you have a flavour of the day.
X Wing-Star Wars

Armoured  car

My son photo of car


Lounge

Toy Shop

Radio controlled plane

Russian Tank

Train layout

Truck and car photo by my son
  Finally I know that transplant week has now finished, but if you are not a organ donor please could you think about becoming one. The link is on this blog just click the beating heart, before someone's stops beating waiting for a transplant. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You :-)