Friday, April 5, 2013

Sad News - Sam Yates has lost her fight for a new life

Just a brief post to tell my readers that unfortunately one of the people who's blog I have been following on my Blog list has lost her fight for a new life
Sammie (Sam Yates) who wrote the Blog "The End of my Tether?" about her wait for new lungs and her struggles with Cystic Fibrosis
she wrote
The aim of this blog is to perhaps raise awareness of CF and also of life living on ‘the list’. I am a primary school teacher and taught for 2 and a half (ish) years before I had to be dragged away kicking and screaming to concentrate on keeping myself as healthy as possible, so that should a pair of lungs become available, I will be fit enough to undergo the transplant. 

She was just 28 years old when God called her to join him
(I will keep a link to sammie's blog on my site in memory of her)

All the more reason for people to sign the Organ donor register 

If you have not signed up yet please consider doing so you can do so online  HERE
or if you prefer you can ring 0300 123 23 23 and register 
Finally Text the word SAVE to 84118

Please help someone like sam to get a new chance at life 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, far too soon for such a beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam taught my son Jacob and he adored her. She was truly inspirational both in and out of the classroom!! Life can be so cruel! RIP Mrs Yates.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You :-)